Sr. SysOps/DevOps Engineer
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Full Time
JazzHR's engineering team builds cutting-edge products designed to provide a better hiring experience for both applicants and hiring teams. We tackle big technical challenges for systems at scale every day.
Our team is built on mutual respect and trust. We emphatically embrace a culture of continued learning and growth, and are empowered to innovate, explore, and utilize our expertise to craft the right solutions for our customers.
Our team values kindness and curiosity, driven by the desire to try, reflect, and adapt.
We’re seeking an experienced engineer to join our Systems and Infrastructure team.
What you'll be doing:
- Maintain a high level of availability and quality of service for the JazzHR SaaS application hosted on AWS
- Architect, improve, maintain, and add automation to new and existing systems
- Write and maintain software to support the operation, development, deployment and testing of business-focused SaaS applications
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies
- Work successfully as a part of a team and independently
- Make decisions and/or solve problems
- Communicate effectively with individuals at all levels within the organization
- Participate in a low-volume on-call rotation to handle escalated alarms
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years full-time (or significant professional/personal) experience as a Linux systems administrator or engineer
- Understanding of the DevOps mindset and culture
- Familiarity with networking concepts
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar cloud providers
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible and Saltstack
- Experience with IaC tooling such as Terraform and CloudFormation
- Experience with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins and GitHub Actions
- Familiarity with container systems such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Competency in relational SQL databases such as MySQL
- Knowledge of monitoring solutions like Nagios, Zabbix, New Relic, Rollbar, etc
- Solid Bash, Python, or GoLang scripting skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with NoSQL datastores and search engines such as Mongo and Elasticsearch
- A strong understanding of web technologies such as REST APIs
- Experience with securing systems
- Great communication skills with a willingness to pair/swarm on critical issues and engage with your teammates to solve challenging problems
- A passion for continuous learning and improvement
Although this position is based out of our Pittsburgh, PA office, we embrace a remote work culture. While we anticipate reopening our offices in the future, once it’s safe for our team to return, there is no requirement to work from the office.
Since 2009, JazzHR has raised the bar in the recruiting software industry, with many of our innovations becoming industry-standard. We’re the first company to put powerful, yet easy-to-use recruiting software in the hands of startups, growing companies, and small businesses from all industries.
We’re called JazzHR because we feel it’s a powerful metaphor for the way our software breaks the rules of our industry. Jazz music doesn’t fit into a box. Jazz fans don’t fit in a box. Our company certainly doesn’t fit in a box, either! We're in constant pursuit of improvement. We're always developing new tools, features, and integrations to help over 7,000 businesses that trust us to help them recruit and grow their businesses.
JazzHR has offices in Pittsburgh, PA and Waltham, MA. Most recently, our team was named "Company of the Year" by the Golden Bridge Awards, a Leader in G2's Fall 2019 Reports and part of the Pittsburgh Business Times' 2019 "Fast 50" List. JazzHR was also included on the Inc 5000 list of Fastest Growing Companies for the third year, chosen for TrustRadius's 2019 Top Rated Award and named a 2019 "Rising Star" by the ADP Marketplace. We're proud of our accomplishments - click here to see more!
Our team is at the center of everything we do. If you want to contribute to a growing organization, be challenged, and see the results of your efforts, apply to one of our open positions today!
JazzHR is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are solely based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, gender, religion, ethnicity, age or any other status protected by the laws and regulations where we operate.