JazzHR is seeking an experienced, results-oriented Vice President of Engineering to lead our engineering team and play a crucial role in continuing JazzHR’s rapid growth. This role is a key member of JazzHR’s executive leadership team. Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will care deeply about our customers, have top-notch engineering leadership skills, a hands on “roll up your sleeves and get it done” results oriented mindset, and first-hand experience with SaaS and B2B revenue models.
The successful candidate is someone who thrives in the fast paced environment of a high-growth technology company.
What you'll be doing:
- Execute JazzHR’s growth strategy through the development of industry leading customer solutions, features and functionality
- Ensure JazzHR’s architecture and platform will support high volume scaled performance
- Serve as an active and vocal member of JazzHR’s Executive Leadership Team
- Enable JazzHR’s channel sales expansion initiative through deep integrations with strategic business partners including ADP, LinkedIn, ZipRecruiter and many others
- Blend strategic thinking, technical capability, and process orientation to deliver high performance results
- Manage a cross-discipline technology team, including Software Engineering, Systems and Infrastructure, and Technology Operations
- Oversee an agile development process, ensuring sustainable and predictable development practices and a timely delivery of projects
- Lead product roadmap management and prioritization
- Define objectives and key results for team leads and contributors
- Ensure close collaboration Product & Marketing teams and other key stakeholders to align and focus attainment of business objectives
What you'll bring:
- Unabashed passion for delighting customers by exceeding their expectations with every interaction
- 10+ years of software development and leadership experience
- BS in Computer Science or other related field
- Outstanding people-management skills, including strengths in identifying and coaching top talent
- Proven ability to manage cross-functional teams
- A keen ability to analyze metrics, make strategic recommendations, and derive action plans that boost results
- Comfort level with a tech stack that includes AngularJS, TypeScript, Symfony, Spring, MySQL, MongoDB, Apache Solr, Elasticsearch, Redis, Memcached, RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka, Amazon Web Services, and Docker. While experience with many of these technologies is great, we’re primarily looking for technical breadth and an excitement to learn
- Outstanding communication skills
- Deep understanding of agile methodologies
- Ability to manage the design and development of products in a manner that will scale with high velocity adoption rates
- Ability to excel in a fast moving, fluid, high growth environment
- Experience and knowledge in the Human Capital Management space (preferred)
- Experience in Software as a Service (SaaS) organizations (preferred)
- A sense of humor - have fun while you work. Don’t take yourself too seriously, but take our opportunity and your role extremely seriously
If it sounds like we’ve just described your passion, skills and experience, we want to hear from you!
JazzHR has been empowering small businesses with cutting edge performance recruitment solutions since 2009. For more than 3,500 small businesses, JazzHR’s award winning platform improves the quality of new hires while reducing time and cost per new employee.
The JazzHR team believes in a customer first mindset, a collaborative winning culture, driving results, and having fun while doing so. We offer highly competitive salaries, great benefits, and your birthday off every year. If you share a similar professional outlook, come join us!
JazzHR makes employment decisions solely based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, gender, religion, ethnicity, age or any other status protected by the laws and regulations where we operate.