JazzHR is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented product management professional to lead our next wave of product expansion. The successful candidate will have deep experience in technology-based product management, with specific emphasis on Software as a Service (SaaS) B2B revenue models.
The Vice President of Product Management will define JazzHR’s product strategy and execution plan to deliver solutions that delight customers and drive market share.
The VP of Product Management must have the range of skills to deliver results on a strategic and tactical level. A metrics-driven, pragmatic mindset toward product management; combined with a hands-on approach, a natural ability to lead and strong communication skills are key strengths of the ideal candidate. The successful candidate will have a competitive desire to win, strong organizational skills, and a results-oriented mindset.
What you'll be doing:
- Serving as an active member of JazzHR’s executive management team, and a leader of the company
- Leading and managing JazzHR product team
- Defining, executing, and communicating JazzHR product strategy to support company strategic growth objectives
- Ownership and accountability of quantitative and qualitative product performance
- PRD ownership: Ensure team provides detailed, actionable product requirements
- Product Lifecycle Management: Optimize JazzHR product management process methodology
- Leading product roadmap definition and prioritization process
- Owning product UX & UI
- Customer first mindset: Deep customer “needs and wants” understanding achieved through continuous monthly conversations with JazzHR prospective and current customers
- Engineering collaboration: Work closely with Engineering team to ensure products meet requirements
- Marketing collaboration: Work closely with JazzHR’s Marketing Team to define product requirements, ensure effective product messaging, adherence to branding and launch planning
- Identifying strategic, tactical, and process barriers to success. Course correct as necessary to achieve objectives
- Key JazzHR evangelist to internal and external stakeholders including customers, employees, press, strategic partners, and analysts
What you'll bring:
- 10+ years of experience working in a product management role, 3 in a leadership capacity
- Natural curiosity
- Unabashed passion for delighting customers by exceeding their expectations with every interaction
- Experience building and launching products from ideation through launch and revision
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Metric mindset. Extensive customer research and data analysis experience
- Strong ability to process and synthesize information
- UX/UI experience, bias towards “clean and simple / less is more”
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of agile methodologies
- Ability to design and build products in a manner that will scale with high velocity adoption rates
- Experience and knowledge in the Human Capital Management space (preferred)
- Experience in Software as a Service (SaaS) organizations (preferred)
- Ability to excel in a fast moving, fluid, early stage high growth environment
- Bachelor’s degree
This key position is based in Pittsburgh, PA, and requires candidates to be able to work from our Pittsburgh office.
JazzHR has been empowering small businesses with cutting edge performance recruitment solutions since 2009. For thousands of SMBs, JazzHR’s platform bridges the gap between recruiting and new hire performance.
Growing companies trust JazzHR to improve their results by replacing antiquated hiring practices with JazzHR’s high performance candidate sourcing, interviewing, and talent evaluation and new hire onboarding solutions.
The JazzHR team believes in a customer first mindset, a collaborative and winning culture, driving results, and having fun while doing so. We offer highly competitive salaries, great benefits, and your birthday off every year. If you share a similar professional outlook, come join us!
JazzHR is an equal opportunity employer. JazzHR makes employment decisions solely based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, gender, religion, ethnicity, age or any other status protected by the laws and regulations where we operate.